Social media influencer and entrepreneur Zinziswa Mayekiso (Issa Goddess) has become one of South Africa’s most prominent social media influencers and has made her mark in the fashion & beauty industry.
There’s a large number of influencers on Instagram with a massive amount of followers. And with the right plan, you can become an influential brand, too.
You need to post the right kind of content to stay relevant to current followers while also bringing in new ones. But it can be hard to know which kinds of posts work best for growing your audience.
Here are Ten Powerful Instagram Marketing Tips from Zinziswa Mayekiso:
1. Identify your personal brand, what type of influencer are you and what you stand for so it’s easier for you to know which brands are suitable for your brand. It allows you to pull elements from both, which can help you resonate with your audience more, meaning your Instagram profile should show off your personality, while still letting your followers know you’re running a business.
2. You should switch your personal account to a business account. A business profile allows you to create and publish Instagram ads without needing to use Facebook’s advertising tools. You can also access Instagram analytics tools, called Insights, that provide stats about the impressions and reach of your posts. My Instagram shows that I’m a Digital creator, so by just going on my profile, you can see I’m a content creator.
3. Understand your insights, Insights are Instagram statistics, impressions, engagement data, and more. So you understand your target market, so with me I know most of my followers are mostly 18-34 years, mostly from Pretoria, and 64,7% females, how do I know that? I have identified everything through my insights.
4. Make sure you show that you have a new post ad on your Instagram stories every time you post on your feed/time line. It’s most likely that someone could miss your post but if they go on your Instagram stories, they’ll see that you posted something on your feed.
5. Promote/Sponsor some of your posts, Instagram ads have become commonplace on the platform. The best part? You can control exactly how much you want to spend on them by setting an ad budget. This gives brands the ability to target their audience in a whole new way. Before sponsored posts, only users following your account could see your updates and photos. These posts help with causing traffic and engagement on your profile.
6. The best social media marketing tool a brand can do for themselves is to partner up with influencers This gives brands the ability to target their audience in a whole new way.
7. Hashtags- If you’re looking to create instant engagement, interactive hashtags are a great way to get it. You can also keep track of posts using hashtags, so if you’re a brand and partnered with 3 influencers on the same campaign, you’d just search that campaign hashtag, and you’ll see which one of the three did better and even easier to keep track of posts.
8. Posting times are very important, Over-posting on Instagram is a surefire way to turn off your followers. One of the best ways to do this is to only post during peak days and hours when your followers are online. Normally my greatest time to post with great engagement is around 6-7pm weekdays, that’s when people have knocked off and busy on their phones, weekends are busy and people are hardly on their phones.
9. Make sure you track the right metrics, You can’t improve your Instagram performance and optimize it unless you know how well your page and posts are performing. When you have measurable results, you’ll know exactly what works and what doesn’t.
10. Always give out the best and unique content, think out of the box, don’t do what everyone is doing, be creative.